Unofficial, fake and damaged cables or plugs can damage iPhones, iPads – Where to buy genuine Apple lightning cables?
You can almost guarantee that any charging cable, wall plug, and car charger found at petrol stations, eBay or gift shops are cheap knock-offs of Apple’s products or the products of after-market manufacturers licensed by Apple.
For safe and speedy charging, your charger needs the appropriate circuitry, so it can recognize when your battery doesn’t need any more power. Without this function, your charger could seriously harm your battery or the device itself.
There are many reports that the cheap, non-genuine charging cable, plug can cause a fire.
We’ve heard many stories about exploding batteries caused serious burns and electric shocks.
How to identify real Apple charger vs fake USB lightning cable?
There can be many things wrong with your lightning cable which is why you want to find out if it’s original or counterfeit. Fake Apple cables don’t work well with your iPhone or iPad and they don’t provide as good of a performance as real iPhone chargers.
Fake Apple USB cable symptoms
- Your iPhone or iPad doesn’t recognise your cable as a genuine USB cable and you receive a message saying, ‘This accessory may not be supported’
- Unofficial charger can get hot. Short-circuiting can cause the cable to overheat.
- The connector end might fall off.
- It might not fit properly into your device
- You might not be able to sync or charge your device
- There are no “Made for Apple” USB-C to the uncertified lightning cables.
How to Identify the genuine iPhone lightning cable or charger?
- the Lightning connector is a one-piece design
- the Lightning connector has a smooth finish
- the contacts on the Lightning connector are rounded and smooth
- The genuine Apple lightning cable is MFI certified. An MFI certification is only given to certified manufactures of iPhone cables. (MFI means that the charger meets Apple standard)
In case of a real Apple lightning cable you should see ‘Designed by Apple in California’ followed by:
- Assembled in Vietnam
- Assembled in China
- Industria Brasileira
Please bear in mind that unfortunately even though most sellers advertise their product as original apple products, the sad reality is that usually only one in a hundred of these claims are actually true. Because of this false advertising, countless users are under the impression that their accessories are genuine when in reality, they are unknowingly damaging their devices, causing £100’s in repair bills in some cases.
Don’t be a victim!
Please use genuine Apple charger plug, cable and good quality car charger.
Where to buy genuine Apple lightning cables?
Buy your charger or cable from the Apple store or another popular hardware store, and you shouldn’t have anything to worry about.
If you have any questions or concerns whether your iPhone or iPad cable is real or fake, comment down below or reply back to us with issues you’re having, and we’ll give you a solution.